Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pregnant With Possibility

I was just reading articles on the internet about the 50-game suspension of Manny Ramirez, the superstar outfielder for the Los Angeles Dodgers.

He got nailed for using steroids.

As I read of the multi-millionaire baseball player's drug abuse, I realized this was an unfolding, real-life tragedy.

Now, after thinking things through, I'm left with just a single question:

How could someone who:

(a) is so young,
(b) is so talented,
(c) is so bright,
(d) is so good looking.
(e) has everything going right in his life,

be wasting his time (like I was) reading internet articles about that overpaid, drugged-out cheat, known as Manny Ramirez?

5 comments:

lizardrinking said...

Oh, it took me a while to get it, but I finally did. So the Westfall lyrics don't actually apply to you then. Does your mother know you've been let loose on the Net?

kt said...

killing time at work until you get to go home, like me? :D!

TheOldSchool said...

LZ, Mom doesn't know and please don't tell her.

KT, This blog is my job. Boss says I might try thinking before I post. I may give it a go. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

ToS, you shouldn't pay too much attention to those voices in your head. I'm all for spontaneous combustion.

Oh, and the word verification is plysf...I'm thinking 'self', not 'safe'... it would 'ply to your current post, I'm thinking (not too much).

TheOldSchool said...

LZ: Your comment directly contradicts what the boss is telling me.

Conundrum.

Conundrum ended. Boss says you are an outside agitator, trying to create disharmony in my head.

Are you really? Is that an official job title? Are ther inside agitators (besides washing machines)?

The term "washing machine" is kind of an industrail age throwback, isn't it? ( I'm going to fry some eggs on the "cooking machine.")